St. Joseph Catholic School
Classroom Snack/Lunch Time Guidelines
Why do we have snack time?
Most children and teens need to eat every three to four hours throughout the day to fuel their growing, active bodies and to meet their MyPlate daily food plan. This translates into the following:
- Younger students need to eat three meals and at least two snacks a day (one during school hours).
- Older students need to eat three meals and at least one snack a day (they may need two snacks if they're going through a growth spurt or if they are very physically active).
SJCS Snack Guidelines:
- A daily snack is permitted in all grades (teacher to decide what time works best with their schedule and not too close to the students’ lunch period).
- Refillable water bottles are permitted for all students. In an effort to ‘go green’ please do not send disposable water bottles.
- Only nut free snacks and lunches will be permitted due to the increase of students with food allergies.
- Proportions should be appropriate for the child's age.
- Easy, convenient, and dry snack highly suggested
- Preferably healthy (please avoid sending food with a high sugar content)
Snack Ideas: PLEASE PROVIDE YOUR CHILD WITH A NUT FREE SNACK/LUNCH
Fresh cut vegetables
Cheese and crackers
For more snack ideas:
The Super Easy Healthy Snack Guide
D.Wegener, RN 2022
nter your text here...