Our preschool program is conceptually based and fosters curiosity, creativity and social interaction. We believe that a child's intellectual, physical, social, emotional and creative growth is nurtured through play, wonder, and active, meaningful involvement in first-hand experiences.
Preschool learning is about discovering through math and science. It is about developing language skills, social skills and fine motor skills. It's about building confidence and self-esteem. At Little Knights, we believe all of this, and more, can be learned through purposeful and meaningful play. A child's play is their "work"!
We provide both guided and free-play to nurture imagination, initiative and problem-solving.
Children need to learn in a way that is meaningful to them. For example, they learn more about an apple by exploring a real apple than they would by looking at a picture of one. Our curriculum utilizes Developmentally Appropriate Practice (DAP) teaching techniques to provide our students with a significant, hands-on learning experience. The DAP approach helps children learn in a more fun, interactive and meaningful way.
Our program values the teaching of socialization, cooperation and respect in a loving Catholic faith environment.
At Little Knights we strive to provide experiences and activities that:
- Help children develop their creative thinking skills.
- Engage children in creative hands-on learning experiences.
- Create a warm, nurturing environment that fosters a positive self-image.
- Encourage children to develop social skills which promote positive relationships.
- Enhance the children's physical development and skills.
- Share the values and beliefs of our Catholic faith with our children.