- Our Author’s Tea is this Friday from 12:00-1:30. We are so excited to share our books with all of you!
- We are having our Author visit on Wednesday at 12:30.
- I will begin testing students reading levels this week during our workshop time. Please make sure your child comes to school well rested!
- We will have a buddy mass this Tuesday.
- Reading logs for our Read-a-thon service project are due Wednesday, May 15th!
-Chapter 11 Review
-Chapter 11 Test
-Lesson 12.1: Sort Two- Dimensional Shapes
-Lesson 12.2: Describe Two Dimensional Shapes
-We will complete Math Simple Solutions as a class 4 times this week
-We will complete IXL 3 times this week
-We will practice counting by 2s, 5s, and 10s during our calendar routine
-We will practice our doubles facts during our calendar routine
-We will complete iReady math lessons
-We will have our math fluency practice on Friday. Make sure your child is practicing their math facts at home!
LANGUAGE ARTS: The question of the week this week is “Why do we treasure special places?”
Amazing Words (students will not be tested on how to spell these words. We will talk about their meanings in class):
High Frequency Words:
Reading: A Southern Ranch
Genre: Expository Text
Paired Selection: On the Way to a Ranch (Procedural text)
Text Based Comprehension: Facts and Details and Questioning
- Consonant Patterns kn, wr
- Vowel Digraphs ie, igh
- Segment and blend phonemes
- Change phonemes
- Segment and blend syllables
- Adjectives for what kind
- Students will complete grammar simple solutions 3 times this week.
- Accuracy, Rate, and Expression
For the rest of the year we will revisit the writing genres we have learned. This week we will review argumentative/opinion writing. Students will also complete creative writing pieces daily.
Monday: Students will create a video answering their question of the week, “Why do we treasure special places?
Tuesday: Miss Nelson is Missing: Letter writing activity.
Wednesday: Mother’s day show and tell activity.
Thursday: Students will answer the question, “How do ranch hands keep the herd together?” They will answer this question using a picture and a caption.
Friday: Students will pick an amazing word, use it in a sentence, and draw a picture of that sentence.
This week we will begin session 14. In this session 14, we will focus on Mary. We will discuss how God chose Mary and that she said yes to God. We will also learn about how God gave Mary Grace to become the Mother of God.
SCIENCE/ SOCIAL STUDIES:
In science this week, we will continue to talk about engineers and technology. Students will also complete 2 science simple solutions and Scholastic News.